Skip to content
Experience & Skills
- March 2001 – now | self-employed, Goossens BV
- May 1998 – February 2001 | product manager, Boardware BV (shareholder)
- May 1997 – April 1998 | senior project manager, Progress Software
- August 1994 – April 1997 | senior consultant, james martin + co
- June 1993 – August 1994 | operations manager, Trendsoft
- July 1990 – May 1993 | project manager, Trendsoft
- Coty (2018-2020) – delivery management for 500+ interfaces to/from SAP. Worldwide scope, cross-continent coordination. Multi-project management, overlapping phases. Strict quality procedures to release windows. SOX compliance. Stakeholder reporting.
- Tony’s Chocolonely (2020) – interim project management at social enterprise with rapid international expansion.
- Progress Software (2020) – project management training sessions.
- Oranje Fonds (2020) – project management training sessions.
- Smurfit Kappa (2018) – consultancy re. acquisition and contract for strategic ERP application.
- Coty (2016-2018) – delivery management for 800+ interfaces to/from SAP. Worldwide project: worked in Paris, Dubai and Singapore. Coordination of teams across different time zones: USA, Europe, India and APAC. Cooperation with business and infrastructure teams. Delivered on time in spite of ‘crazy’ deadlines.
- Rotterdam School of Management (2016) – project management for multiple business process improvement and IT projects, related to MS Dynamics CRM
- Ericsson (2016) – software licensing analysis and assessment
- DAT mobility (2015) – interim team manager Software Development & Support.
- Wereldhave (2015) – assessment of dependencies and risks for core application.
- Smurfit Kappa (2014) – assessment of ‘process fit’ of SAP SD with industry specific module VCPowerPack.
- Macintosh Retail / Brantano (Belgium, 2013/2014) – programme management for phase 1 Omni channel. At the systems side: implementation of Wincor POS, interfaces and ERP updates. At the organisation side: processes in shop, back office and logistics. Budget €2.1M approx.
- Kalshoven Automation (2013) – assessment of ‘future-proof’ status of software development platform.
- GrandVision / Instru optiikka oy (Finland, 2012/2013) – project management implementation of MS Dynamics NAV, 60+ interfaces to legacy systems and EDI integration with key European suppliers to the GrandVision group. Budget €2.7M.
- Smurfit Kappa (2011) – audit on enterprise capabilities of two strategic ERP systems; and review of strategy document for corporate ICT.
- GrandVision (2011) – master planning for international roll-out of Sonic ESB and MS Dynamics NAV incl. integrations with legacy systems.
- Ministry of LNV (2010) – audit on interdepartmental project ‘CITES’.
- Undisclosed (2009) – audit on problematic e-commerce project with external suppliers; assessed for applicability of tooling, and for project control. Ensuing advice prevented further escalation; project governance was changed.
- Van Gansewinkel (2009/2010/2011) – multiple projects: implementation Sonic ESB and SOA; project support for implementation board computers; introduction of ‘process chain’ management. Budget responsibility €500K.
- ANWB (2008/2009) – business case and project management of implementation Sonic ESB; then setup and implementation of ‘Integration Competence Center’. Budget €1M approx.
- Smurfit Kappa (Europe, 2006/2007) – project management ‘Segregation of Duties’; clean up access controls in 90+ systems, 150+ locations, 20+ countries. Budget €2.4M.
- Undisclosed (Belgium, 2005) – audit on contract and project execution; followed by mediation between parties (main contractor, subcontractor, customer) who were in legal discussion. Advice was followed with mutual agreement, preventing a court case that would have been expensive and reputation damaging.
- Oad (2005/2006) – project management of multiple projects (ERP, CRM, CMS) in the business systems renewal programme. Budget responsibility €3M approx.
- Kras (2004) – advice on restructuring, and change management ICT department.
- Erasmus RSM (1998; 2006) – project management realisation (and update) of CRM/housing/course/student administration; offshore software development. Budget €500K approx.
- WageningenUR (2005) – consultancy on Total Quality Control for the Documents and Records Management Department.
- Smurfit Kappa (Europe, 2001-2004) – various projects: audit and advice IT Shared Service Centre in Germany, resulting in 20% annual cost reduction; programme auditor Euro conversion at 60 operating companies; setup and follow-up of ICT security project; project management Sarbanes-Oxley related projects; auditor for international roll-out of industry specific ERP; middle man in enterprise software license negotiations resulting in €600K cost reduction. Budgets total €2M approx.
- Boardware (Benelux, 1998-2000) – product management for ‘COBIS’ system (ERP for packaging industry), managing both the software development team at the base office and the implementation teams at 4 customer sites. This included change, release and incident management and consulting support on business process changes according to the ‘new ways of working’ programme. Budgets equivalent to €1.5M – €2M approx. per site.
TRAINING & COACHING
- Oranje Fonds: project management (2019)
- RSM: BPMN basics; Agile primer (2016)
- DAT mobility: SAFe Product Owner training (2015)
- Instru optiikka oy: project manager coaching-on-the-job (2012/13)
- HRA Visie: project management coaching (2011)
- Smurfit Kappa: access controls for ‘Compliance Monitoring’ dept. (2007)
- Progress Software: project management toward IPMA-D (2005, 2006)
- Various other trainings provided: FPA, UML, BPMN
- Dutch – native
- English – excellent business proficiency / fluent
- German – business proficiency / very good
- French – basic business proficiency / average
- Spanish – moderate (passive)
- 2019 | IPMA-NL ‘Coaching for social good’
- 2016 | Plan-B senior level experience sharing group
- October – November 2015 | Assessor IPMA Project Excellence Award
- September 2007 – December 2011 | joint venture, Compliance First
CF was started together with two colleagues from a recent project, based on our expertise in SAP GRC Access Controls.
Involved in SAP access controls project at Rabobank, and implementation of ‘continuous compliance’ at Smurfit Kappa.
During this period I was invited several times to present at SAP conferences.
- Early 2003 – September 2008 | joint venture, RFiD Society
RFiD Society was started with a former colleague, as a knowledge centre / thought leader for this technology.
The monthly Newsletter reached some 600 subscribers in ~50 countries.
International speaker at conferences (Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London).
PUBLICATIONS & AWARDS
- In preparation: “Project Management in Dynamic Environments”.
- Blogs on project management topics on this website and on LinkedIn.
- 2017: Coty Award for the project team P&G/Coty post-merger IT integration, where I was one of the project managers.
- 2005-2006: Interviewed on RFID for various articles and columns in logistics magazines.
- 2004: Progress Software EMEA Excellence Award for the project team at Kras Stervakanties, where I was project manager.
- 2000: Co-author of “Cryptografie in de praktijk”, ISBN 90-440-0047-0.
- 1993: Automatisering Gids IT Award of Excellence for the Vandra Golfkarton project, where I was project manager.
- 1991: World Championship of CASE/4GL Programming (organised by Swedish magazine ‘DataTeknik’), member of winning team.